UA-114989439-1

OUR STORY

The building was built in 1904 by Caselton Roscoe of Milan, Ohio for his son and daughter-in-law, Pearl and Bessie Roscoe to house the business. There is an apartment above the shop where the Roscoe's lived and raised their two daughters. Today the apartment has become part of the museum featuring historical artifacts from the printer's family as well as those from Vermilionites of the past.

The print shop houses two linotypes (c.1915), and 4 letter presses: A Stonemetz 2 revolution newspaper press (c.1919); a Kelly press (c.1917); a Chandler & Price 8"x12" Gorden Jobber Press (c.1900); and a Heidelberg Windmill Press (c.1954). There is book bindary / storage room with a manual paper cutter, electric stapler, and manual hole punch machine.

Thomas Edison called the linotype machine "The Eighth Wonder of the World." The Vermilion News Print Shop Museum linotype machine is only one out of six in the USA and one out of twenty in the world, and we are lucky enough to have two!

Vermilion News Gang

Vermilion News Gang

Music

Music

School Year Books

School Year Books

Type Drawer

Type Drawer

Kodak Brownie

Kodak Brownie

Linotype

Linotype

Long Carriage Typewritter

Long Carriage Typewritter

Press

Press

Civil War Fife & Drum

Civil War Fife & Drum

Electic Car - Waddy Stone

Electic Car - Waddy Stone

Hallway

Hallway

Bessie Bottomley Roscoe teacher

Bessie Bottomley Roscoe teacher

Press

Press

Press

Press

Cabinet

Cabinet

c.1912-13 Roscoe family

c.1912-13 Roscoe family

ADDRESS

727 Grand Street

Vermilion, OH 44089

HOURS

Mon - Sat: 11am - 3pm

​​Other times by appointment

CONTACT

© 2017 Vermilion History Museum. Proudly created with Wix.com

FOLLOW 
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • VNPSM logo
  • Instagram Social Icon
vvrtheatrebannr.gif
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now
Vermilion News Gang