The building was built in 1904 by Caselton Roscoe of Milan, Ohio for his son and daughter-in-law, Pearl and Bessie Roscoe to house the business. There is an apartment above the shop where the Roscoe's lived and raised their two daughters. Today the apartment has become part of the museum featuring historical artifacts from the printer's family as well as those from Vermilionites of the past.
The print shop houses two linotypes (c.1915), and 4 letter presses: A Stonemetz 2 revolution newspaper press (c.1919); a Kelly press (c.1917); a Chandler & Price 8"x12" Gorden Jobber Press (c.1900); and a Heidelberg Windmill Press (c.1954). There is book bindary / storage room with a manual paper cutter, electric stapler, and manual hole punch machine.
Thomas Edison called the linotype machine "The Eighth Wonder of the World." The Vermilion News Print Shop Museum linotype machine is only one out of six in the USA and one out of twenty in the world, and we are lucky enough to have two!